List Building for Financial Advisors | Get More Prospects in Your Pipeline!
Every business, no matter the variety, needs an active prospecting list in order to market their goods and services over time. Without a list, your business has no pipeline and a decreased likelihood of getting new clients. Financial advisors are no different from any other business when it comes to the necessity of building a list and deepening the relationship with list members. This article will give you a few ways to get prospects in your funnel so that you can build your list.
List building is critical to not only the registered representative but to the registered investment advisor as well because prospecting is the most important part of any marketing strategy.
Your pipeline is your funnel – prospects get into the funnel at the top where the opening is the widest. It’s your job to get more prospects and current clients into your funnel. The longer a prospect is in your funnel, the deeper the relationship you form with them and the further down the funnel they go. At some point in the relationship they will need your services and they will hire you. The prospect will then be at the smallest part of the funnel where they will become a client.
There are many ways to get prospects into your funnel. Here are a few tips:
- Send an e-newsletter monthly to communicate with your list on a regular basis.
- List building is a numbers game. Get yourself exposed to big numbers of people.
- Exhibit at a trade show and offer a free drawing – make the drawing something the target audience actually wants. On the free drawing sign, indicate you will add the prospect to your newsletter.
- Create a public speaking event along with several related-area experts. Use the wrap up as an opportunity to add to your list.
- After attending networking events, add prospects to your email newsletter list. Make sure you inform the prospect and give them an opportunity to opt out.
- Use social media sites to send out updates, tips, and stories of interest and ask for prospects to join your list.
- Whatever you do, don’t purchase an email list. You don’t want to run afoul of anti spamming rules.
- Build a blog into your website and offer a newsletter sign up box.
- Offer a Client Attraction Device as an incentive to get sign ups on your list.
The bigger your list, the bigger your success. Start on the road today by taking some of these ideas and building a bigger list for your practice. Building a list equals building a fan club of prospects ready to purchase. Are you ready to start?
Next Steps: Hire Suzanne as your Business Coach
Consider hiring Suzanne as your Business Coach to help you plan and strategize your brand development, your business plan, and your marketing plan.
Achieve your goals! Complete the Complimentary Consultation Form
Serious, motivated advisors only please. You’ll grow personally and professionally and you’ll take full responsibility for your success.
Suzanne Muusers is an ICF-Member Business Coach who has worked with hundreds of successful independent financial advisors, hedge fund managers, and investment bankers since 2004. She helps clients develop their Value Proposition, Ideal Client Profile, and Branding Strategy so that their marketing message appeals to affluent clients.
Suzanne has created exercises and programs that help her clients get straight to the point and avoid mistakes other advisors tend to make. Her clients save time getting to the next level due to her extensive knowledge and experience in the business growth field.
That’s my promise.
Prosperity Coaching LLC