How to Get Media Attention for Your Firm | How to Get Free Publicity
Hello. My name is Suzanne Muusers, Coach to Financial Advisors and Brand Consultant since 2004.
One way to drive qualified prospects right to your front door is to promote your practice to the Media. When the Media quotes you in a story, you gain instant credibility which generates interest in what you do and how you help your clients. Now, it’s not easy to get Media attention. The Media is bombarded with emails and messages daily from people selling their wares. But there is a way to get your foot in the door…
Imagine having the media come to you for commentary when big financial stories break
Imagine gaining new leads and prospects because they read about you or saw you on TV
Imagine having the respect and admiration of your colleagues and peers
To be a credible resource for the media, you will have to create unique content on your custom website such as articles, reports, and white papers written by you. You will need to send Press Releases on a consistent basis so that the media becomes accustomed to who you are and what you stand for. Your goal for this strategy should be to produce content written by you and articles written about you.
Let’s say that you are an advisor who targets high net worth business owners, specifically home builders and architects specializing in Green Building. Your website lists articles you have written about how you help this niche solve their unique problems. Your bio contains a section that talks about the unique industries you work with. An article is written about you, appears in the local newspaper, and talks about how you specialize in the Green Industry. Who do you think the home builders in your area will call on Monday morning? You!
What are the benefits of Implementing a Media Strategy?
- Recognition – By being known in the media you will receive recognition from prospects, clients and the media for your expertise. Imagine being recognized by the general public due to media exposure about your expertise.
- Credibility – People will believe what others write and say about you far above what you write and say about yourself. Getting quoted in newspapers and magazines is a huge credibility booster.
- Lead generator – You will find that prospects contact you wanting to learn more. No beating the bushes trying to stir up interest on your own.
- Pre-sold – Prospects will be pre-sold and will hire you because they will have already read about you and
Media Relations is an important part of a good Marketing Plan. But figuring out a strategy process or implementation plan is the tricky part.
- How do you contact?
- What do you say?
- How do you get this strategy to work?
My clients learn how to attract the Media:
- How to determine what is newsworthy and what is not
- When to send a Press Release
- How to write a Press Release
- How often to send Press Releases
- How to send Press Releases
- 3 things you shouldn’t do when sending Press Releases
- Review sample Press Releases
- Media resources – how to get reporters to call you
- How to develop a Media List
- 10 Ways to Attract the Media
- 5 things you shouldn’t do in your Media Strategy (too many advisors do these things so you’d better learn not to
- One website strategy that will BOOST your results
- How to reach your Ideal Clients
- How to start implementing these tactics
All Suzanne’s tools are included when you coach with her!
Next Steps: Hire Suzanne as your Business Coach
Consider hiring Suzanne as your Business Coach to help you plan and strategize your brand development, your business plan, and your marketing plan.
Achieve your goals! Complete the Complimentary Consultation Form
Serious, motivated advisors only please. You’ll grow personally and professionally and you’ll take full responsibility for your success.
Suzanne Muusers is an ICF-Member Business Coach who has worked with hundreds of successful independent financial advisors, hedge fund managers, and investment career professionals since 2004. She helps clients develop their Value Proposition, Ideal Client Profile, and Personal Branding, so that their marketing message appeals to affluent clients.
Suzanne has created exercises and programs that help her clients get straight to the point and avoid mistakes other advisors tend to make. Her clients save time getting to the next level due to her extensive knowledge and experience in the business growth field.
That’s my promise.
Prosperity Coaching LLC